Want to know a secret? There’s this awesome blog you should check out called BOOK CHAT by Michelle James. Not only is she a super nice person, but she posts excellent reviews of books. Oh and she’s nominated me for THE SHINE ON AWARD *eek* so happy! Made my night. But seriously, check out her stuff… she’s honest, informative, and you might just discover a new book or two. I know I have (THE LIFE LIST).
(Originally I couldn’t get the correct icon to show on my blog–technologically challenged–so I made my own for the time being, but the 1st one is the correct one. And this was my first award… I didn’t know how important it was to preserve the icon… sorry everyone)
So here’s the lowdown on the award…
THE SHINE ON AWARD
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
Okay, seven random things. Well, I already have ten on my about me, so I’m gonna have to think hard to come up with seven new ones. Here goes…
1. I love gardening–vegetables though, I don’t do flowers because I’m better at killing them than growing them–and someday hope to have a big beautiful organic veggie garden with some zen Buddhist inspiration areas.
2. I’m technologically challenged. Photoshop even baffles me (I’ll get those book covers made one way or another), yet my husband can sit down and pick it up within seconds (Thank goodness for my cover savior!).
3. My dream is to be a full-time writer, but I secretly fear I’m not very good at it, especially blogging. Don’t get me started on blogging; it befuddles me.
4. Many days I wish we lived in a different era with less technology, less pressure to succeed and more emphasis on a simple life with family, friends, love, and laughter.
5. I’m embarrassed to cry in front of people, yet just hearing my mother’s voice can make me tear up because I know someday I’ll never hear it again. Oh damn, where’s the tissues?
6. If I could adopt all the homeless animals, I would. Then work to find them loving homes because no animal deserves to die unloved. (Future crazy cat lady award??). Just like no child deserves to be unloved either.
7. On September 8, 2013 I conquered my fear of flying and went skydiving! One of the best experiences of my life!
So here’s my nominees for The Shine On Award (in no particular order):
- Armand Rosamilia
- Shannon Thompson
Those are just a few blogs I enjoy and highly recommend. Of course, I totally recommend you check out BOOK CHAT and say hi to Michelle, who I owe a big thank you to for this awesome nomination! Happy reading everyone and hope you find some new blogs to explore.